I just noticed; the new update to the 3DS requires you to hit both L and R simultaneously to access the quick-camera. Obviously, this is similar to how screenshot-supporting games take their pictures, but this also means I won’t have that annoying tendency to accidentally hit one of the shoulder buttons and activate the camera anymore! ^^
Anonymous asked: what does your ideal relationship person look like?
only one person has caught my eye….
How to import ACNL pics from Miiverse
(If you know a better way, send me an ask!)
Getting an ACNL photo onto Miiverse:
- Start up your ACNL game and get the point where you’d like to take a screenshot.
- Press the Home button on your 3DS.
- Click the Miiverse icon in the upper right-hand corner.
- Click the “Post” button and then click the Add Image icon in the upper right-hand corner.
- You will be given the option to attach a screenshot of either the top or bottom 3DS screen.
- Once you’re ready, click the “Post” button in the bottom right-hand corner to confirm.
Getting an ACNL photo from Miiverse to Tumblr:
- Miiverse has a internet browser equivalent on miiverse.nintendo.net. Head over there and log in using the same credentials as on your 3DS.
- Click “Activity Feed” from the sidebar on the left. You should now see all the Miiverse posts you’ve made, including screenshots.
- Unfortunately, Nintendo doesn’t make it easy to simply copy the screenshot’s image location or even save it to your computer via right-click. In order to nab the image URL you’ll have to find it in the page’s source code.
- Once you’re viewing the page’s source code you want to look for <div class=”screenshot-container”> Just after this line of code you’ll see something like this: <img src=”https://d3esbfg30x759i.cloudfront.net/ss/zlCfzRO1KR0sC6w60C”> This link (which will be different every time… this example link goes to my town map) is the link to your screenshot. There may be multiple <div class=”screenshot-container”> lines of code on the page, you’ll have to sort through them to figure out which one is associated with the image you’re looking for.
- Once you’ve gotten the URL you can go to that address and save the image to your computer there, or pop that URL into a picture post (though note that Tumblr only allows one picture upload via URL per picture post).
P.S. You can ‘share’ Miiverse posts directly via the tumblr icon below any Miiverse post, but this just creates a link post to that Miiverse entry. :(
Advantages of uploading via Miiverse:
- Images do not contain compression artifacts (noise) and colors are more true to life.
- You can choose to take pictures of the bottom screen as well as the top screen.
- You can take pictures prior to loading your town, meaning you can even capture pictures of the game menu screen and other places where you wouldn’t normally be able to take photos via L+R.